Why wasn't he at Sharon's wedding?

Discussion in 'Jay Sebring' started by blair606, Sep 21, 2009.

1. blair606 Banned

Jay Sebring not at Sharon's wedding:

Has anybody heard why Jay wasn't at Sharon's wedding? I know the wedding was last minute, but guests were obviously notified at least a day or two ahead of time and if Jay had the freedom to rush to London when Sharon broke up with him, certainly he could fly over for a wedding, right? I've also never read anything about him being at either wedding reception/party. Was it just too painful for him to be there or was he not invited?
  2. gerard New Member

Maybe he couldn't make it to England due to too many prior commitments?
  3. Peaches Donating Members

The photo of Jay, Sharon and Roman on the stairs was taken in London on January 20, 1968, just a few days before the wedding.  I heard that he was at the wedding, but I tend to doubt it.  If he was, wouldn't we have seen footage or photos of him there (and at the reception)??

I agree with Gerard, he probably wasn't there due to prior commitments.

But, who knows? ???
  4. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

I've read that he was there, sadly watching the whole thing-his heart breaking, according to his friends.  This is what I've read.  Since he was BFF's with Roman and Sharon, I always believed the stories that he was there.  Now that you mention why he wasn't in any pictures, I wonder, too, however, I will say this.  He was probably so hurt and upset, that he probably hid in the back of the wedding, and the parties, drinking or snorting himself into oblivion.  If he was as hurt as I might of been feeling if I had to endure such a thing as my love of my life marrying a gasbag, I'd probably be throwing up, too.  Perhaps he was in the bathroom.  Or maybe he went to the wedding, forced himself to stay for a little bit, to act like he was all happy, and then left to go back to his hotel to cry.  JMO.
  5. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

[quote author=Georgiapeach link=topic=4440.msg39656#msg39656 date=1253557986]
    The photo of Jay, Sharon and Roman on the stairs was taken in London on January 20, 1968, just a few days before the wedding.  I heard that he was at the wedding, but I tend to doubt it.  If he was, wouldn't we have seen footage or photos of him there (and at the reception)??

I agree with Gerard, he probably wasn't there due to prior commitments.

But, who knows? ???

[/quote]
    Peach, love, I thought they got married on January 20?  So then the photos had to be taken before the 20.  I've always wondered about that picture.  Never knew it was a pre-wedding picture.  Just thought it was one of the many taken just because someone was always taking their pictures.
  6. Peaches Donating Members

BB, you're right, they were married on the 20th (I think I was thinking of Sharon's birthday as their wedding day--got mixed up!!)  I saw this pic in an old magazine that a friend had and I'm sure that was the date given for the photo.  Alas, we rarely speak anymore (she got a boyfriend and doesn't need her friends anymore ::)) so I probably won't be able to verify the date.

I just think that if Jay had been there that some photos would've surfaced.  And, if he was drunk, those definitely would've surfaced especially due to all of the rumors that came out after his death. :p
  7. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

[quote author=Georgiapeach link=topic=4440.msg39979#msg39979 date=1254160017]
    BB, you're right, they were married on the 20th (I think I was thinking of Sharon's birthday as their wedding day--got mixed up!!)  I saw this pic in an old magazine that a friend had and I'm sure that was the date given for the photo.  Alas, we rarely speak anymore (she got a boyfriend and doesn't need her friends anymore ::)) so I probably won't be able to verify the date.

I just think that if Jay had been there that some photos would've surfaced.  And, if he was drunk, those definitely would've surfaced especially due to all of the rumors that came out after his death. :p
    [/quote]
    You are probably right, Peach.  However, if you look at the wedding/reception photos, there are a few identifiable stars, the rest, I have no idea who they are, although they had to be of the rich and famous jetset club.  Maybe Jay showed up for the wedding, then left afterwards since I'm sure he was punished enough watching them exchange wedding vows.  If I was him, I wouldn't of even showed up, if it hurt him as badly as it did, but I suppose he had to save face.  Poor Jay.  My sypathy factor for him is rather high.  Such a sad, lonely, little man, and then to put on bravado whenever he was around Sharon and Roman, watching them holding hands, etc., or listening to her pour her heart out to him and him not being able to say to her, "I told you so."  However, I still don't think he stood a snow's ball chance in hell of getting her back again.  I think that ship sailed and from what I've observed of Sharon, she never looked back, just forward.  And that's what's really sad.  I think he actually thought he still had a chance with her.
  8. Peaches Donating Members

I understand what you're saying.  I just don't know what was going on between the 2 of them.  Was she leading him on?  Were they just genuinely good friends?  Were the (ick!!) threesome rumors true?  I guess we'll never know the truth about that.

And, I know what you mean about the wedding photos.  I guess I just think that if he had been there, some photos would've appeared or someone who was there (such as Barbara Parkins) might've said so.  Since no one has said anything, it makes me doubt it.  But, it is possible.
  9. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

[quote author=Georgiapeach link=topic=4440.msg40063#msg40063 date=1254267728]
    I understand what you're saying.  I just don't know what was going on between the 2 of them.  Was she leading him on?  Were they just genuinely good friends?  Were the (ick!!) threesome rumors true?  I guess we'll never know the truth about that.

And, I know what you mean about the wedding photos.  I guess I just think that if he had been there, some photos would've appeared or someone who was there (such as Barbara Parkins) might've said so.  Since no one has said anything, it makes me doubt it.  But, it is possible.
    [/quote]
    You know, Peach, you are probably right.  I was purely speculating.  I was just going by what I read on HS and Jay's Find A Grave site, I believe, and maybe one other source, although, I think whoever wrote it got it from the same source.  I think you would know better, since aren't you the one who's friends with a friend of Jay's?  Or is that Miss Courtney?  I get you two confused since you two lead and have led interesting lives, knowing interesting people. 

And I found a typo.  It should read snow ball's chance in hell, not the way I had it.  Sorry :'(.

AND OMG :eek:, there's a rumor of a THREESOME between the three of them???? ??? ??? ??? THAT IS NEWS TO ME!!! 

BB
  10. jadedjamie New Member

It was  a bit bizarre, but threesome? Where did that come from?
    Jamie
  11. Peaches Donating Members

Ahhhh, the threesome rumors.  According to a book I have, it was a well-known secret that Sharon, Jay and Roman were involved in a menage a trois.   
  12. catscradle77 Administrator

[quote author=Georgiapeach link=topic=4440.msg40245#msg40245 date=1254423877]
    Ahhhh, the threesome rumors.  According to a book I have, it was a well-known secret that Sharon, Jay and Roman were involved in a menage a trois.   
    [/quote]

Which book Georgia?
  13. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

[/quote]
    :eek:
  14. Peaches Donating Members

[quote author=catscradle77 link=topic=4440.msg40260#msg40260 date=1254436805]
    [/quote]

Which book Georgia?
    [/quote]I don't remember the name of it, I'll dig it out, send you the pages and you can post it.  All it says is basically what I said, just that it was a well-known secret that they were involved in a threesome, although the author referred to it as a menage a trois.  Potato, potahto.... ;)
  15. Peaches Donating Members

[quote author=catscradle77 link=topic=4440.msg40260#msg40260 date=1254436805]
    [/quote]

Which book Georgia?
    [/quote]I don't remember the name of it, I'll dig it out, send you the pages and you can post it.  All it says is basically what I said, just that it was a well-known secret that they were involved in a threesome, although the author referred to it as a menage a trois.  Potato, potahto.... ;)
  16. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

O, Peach, :D :D LO.  Tomato, tomahto!
  17. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

O, Peach, :D :D LO.  Tomato, tomahto!
  18. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

I meant LOL!  Somehow the last L got left off!
  19. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

I meant LOL!  Somehow the last L got left off!
  20. jadedjamie New Member

I wanna read it!!  ;D lo, lo, lo!! :-*