Skyjacker draws a long term

Discussion in 'Maria Theresa Alonzo' started by catscradle77, Jun 20, 2010.

1. catscradle77 Administrator

Thanks to Zoom71 for this. Trapnell is who the movie "Catch me if you can" is based on.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. wooddragon New Member

I am never quick to add my two cents worth...but I believe the movie "Catch me if you can" is based on the life Frank Abagnale Jr.
  3. catscradle77 Administrator

Yes you are right...laughing.
    Thanks I am standing corrected.
  4. Zarathustra Member

I did read somewhere that "Catch me if you can" was inspired in legendary surfer Miki Dora... another Manson relative character.
  5. B17 Member

How was Miki Dora "The Cat" a iconic surfer-- a relative Manson character? Did Miki have dealings with Manson? I do know that he did a lot of travel in Europe and he was on the verge of a Hollywood breakthrough, and then he got very strange, and left the country. The Cat or Da Cat had small parts in film and broadcasting gigs in the 1960s. I think he died of cancer in Southern France about 10 years ago?
  6. Zarathustra Member

David Rensin, biographer of Miki Dora said in the book "All for a few perfect waves" that Miki and Charlie knew each other from partying with Dennis Wilson and later on meeting in jail at some point during the 70's. There is absolutely no proof on these facts but that said, knowing the "outlaw" ways of Miki, it is also very likely that they had met during the Topanga beach days in the late 60's.