Samantha Jones as Sharon Tate

Discussion in 'Sharon Tate' started by Kinsolving, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Kinsolving Active Member

Who should play Sharon Tate?

Does everybody remember Wait Until Dark? It was that taut, suspenseful creeper from 1967 starring Audrey Hepburn. It had that classic scene that made everybody jump 2 feet. The actress that played Lisa (the beautiful heroin smuggler, pacing nervously in the opening scene) was Samantha Jones, a model from the 60's. She was a clone to Sharon Tate. She looked and sounded so much like her. Whom would you cast as Sharon Tate? I went all the way back to 1967 to pick my favorite. Whom would you choose?
  2. martine Well-Known Member

I always thought that Rose Byrne has the same haunting eyes as Sharon...that's if you can get past the bitchy character she played in Bridesmaids..;)

[IMG]
    Leigh and Eddy like this.
  3. Kinsolving Active Member

She DOES have her eyes. Excellent choice.
  4. martine Well-Known Member

5. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

Kiera Knightley. She looks like she could be a clone only she'd have to wear a blonde wig.
    martine and Kinsolving like this.
  6. Eddy Guest

NOT Lindsey Lohan! I always thought Jane Seymour resembled Sharon and she thought it too I heard her say it just a couple months ago. Beautiful woman but too old to play Sharon Tate now.
  7. Eddy Guest

jane-seymour-liveandletdie-1.jpg
    Leigh likes this.
  8. Leigh Active Member

I came across an old post on one of the Sharon blogs the other day that had some photos of Olivia Palermo that looked strikingly similar to Sharon. I don't know much about Olivia Palermo but she has the look a bit for sure.

Attached Files:

Bottledbrunette09 likes this.
  9. Leigh Active Member

A resemblance to Sharon never occurred to me before, but I very much see it now. My father always held a candle for Jane Seymour. Elizabeth Taylor in her youth, as well (the mention of Lindsay Lohan reminded me of her - I saw an old Tweet of Elizabeth's that said something like "No one will play Elizabeth Taylor except Elizabeth Taylor" or words to that effect...oh, if only she knew!)
    Bottledbrunette09 and Eddy like this.
  10. Eddy Guest

LOL! Maybe she does Leigh!?? Poor Liz!
    Bottledbrunette09 and Leigh like this.
  11. martine Well-Known Member

Definitely Keira, although the eye makeup would need to be exagerrated.

Attached Files:

Bottledbrunette09 likes this.
  12. Mellyn66 Donating Members

13. Kinsolving Active Member

I am telling you, she was a clone to her. She sounded so much like her too. Wait Until Dark was a taut, suspenseful movie. The actress plays Lisa, and is only seen in the first two scenes. So, if you dislike the movie, you will still get a good glimpse of her, and a sound of her voice. Is the resemblance not amazing? Also, they were both around at the same time/era. If you have never seen the movie, watch it. It is even better than the play.
  14. Kinsolving Active Member

Another one that reminded me of Sharon Tate was a grown up Lolita (Sue Lyon). Her voice is nothing like hers, but she has a resemblance.
  15. Kinsolving Active Member

Watch when Sue Lyon takes her glasses off at 3:54. She looks so much like Sharon Tate.
    coldwater likes this.
  16. Mellyn66 Donating Members

Wasn't she a friend of Michelle Phillips and Tamar Hodel?
  17. Kinsolving Active Member

I honestly do not know.
    Mellyn66 likes this.
  18. Mellyn66 Donating Members

Kinsolving likes this.
  19. Kinsolving Active Member

20. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

mother62 likes this.